Team workshop: Working Styles
Written by Sophia on May 17, 2023.
Want to get to know your team better? Need to lead a team building workshop at an upcoming team event?
Lead an interactive workshop to help your team get to know each other’s working styles better.
I led this Working Styles workshop for a team of 15 people. Although we were not a new team, by the end of the workshop,
we all learned something new about each other.
Working Styles template
- Team gets to know each other’s preferred working styles
When to use
- With a new team or with people you haven’t worked with before
- Large poster paper or whiteboard
- Small sticky-note or dot stickers
How to use
- Tailor the template to your team. Ask your team if there’s anything they want to add.
- Write down the questions on a large poster paper or whiteboard.
- Print out the worksheet for the number of participants.
- 10 minutes: Participants fill out their own worksheet based on where they fall on the spectrum of each category.
- 5 minutes: Participants put initials on their sticky-note/dot stickers and stick on poster paper.
- 5 minutes: Observe similarities and differences. Team shares 1-2 reflections.
- 30 minutes: Pair off and discuss working styles. Switch pairs after 4 minutes.
- 5 minutes: Team shares 1-2 reflections.